Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
We strive to create safer communities by providing training to increase awareness and prevent suicide. Our highly experienced, registered trainers deliver the internationally recognised LivingWorks Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) workshop to equip individuals to assist those at risk of suicide to keep safe and access further support.
We deliver suicide prevention training workshops to mental health and welfare organisations, emergency services, community groups, corporate businesses and individuals.
Training is delivered at our facilities in Hawthorn East, or we can come to your office if you have suitable facilities, for larger group bookings.
In the course of the two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognise other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
- Understand the importance of establishing rapport.
Please note, this course is subject to receiving a minimum number of enrolments.
|Thursday 6th and Friday 7th February 2020||391-393 Tooronga Road
Hawthorn East VIC 3123
|Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th April 2020|
|Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th June 2020|
|Wednesday 26th and Thursday 27th August 2020|
|Thursday 12th and Wednesday 13th November 2020|
If you wish to attend a date that is not listed above or in an alternative city or state, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a group of 10 or more participants, we can come to you!
8.30am – 4.30pm (2 Full Day Sessions).
Standard Price: $385
External Students or Cairnmillar Alumni: $250
Cairnmillar Student: $55
All prices include GST. An additional ticketing fee may be applicable.
For further information, email the Short Course Coordinator at: email@example.com